Welcome to the Sisterhood
at Congregation B’nai Amoona!
To strengthen and unite the women of Congregation B’nai Amoona as they work, learn and grow together through Jewish programs, worship and fundraising; perpetuate Jewish family, synagogue and community life; support the congregation and all congregants; enrich Jewish education and ties with Israel; and reinforce the understanding and perpetuation of Conservative/Masorti Judaism.
Through education, service and practice, the Sisterhood of Congregation B’nai Amoona will do our best work for our synagogue to maintain our Jewish traditions, heritage and values now and for future generations while balancing health, family, work and community.
Supporting our Synagogue, our Congregants, and our Community
The Sisterhood supports B’nai Amoona Synagogue, our Congregants and our Community in a number of ways; the following are just a sampling:
- Judaica gift shop
- Shomrei Torah Endowment
- Portable Aron Fund
- Rabbi Lipnick Endowed Rabbinic Chair
- Sponsors Babysitting
- Jewish Food Pantry
- St. Louis Women’s Interfaith Conference
- Shabbat and Holiday Babysitting
- ECC and Religious School Programming
- Life Cycle Gifts
- 10th Grade Trip to Washington DC
- USY Support and Scholarships
- Assistance to Children with Special Needs
- Kitchen Equipment
- St. Louis Jewish Book Festival
- St. Louis Jewish Film Festival
- Jewish Theological Seminary (JTS) and its subsidiaries
- Purim Hamantashen
- Sukkot Caramel Apples
- Adult Education Classes
- Support for the St. Louis and Worldwide Jewish Communities
How can you help the B’nai Amoona Sisterhood?
The B’nai Amoona Sisterhood is dedicated to keeping alive the ideals of Conservative Judaism through a variety of educational, cultural, religious and social programs. Join us at one of our events, help us cook, volunteer at the Judaica Shop, stuff envelopes, or join a committee.
- Membership Brunch
- Project Linus
- Torah Fund Event
- Sisterhood Shabbat
- Fantastic Educational Classes
- Torah Yoga
- Field Trips
- Art programs
How can the B’nai Amoona Sisterhood help you?
The B’nai Amoona Sisterhood provides you an opportunity to:
- Make New Friends
- Share Ideas
- Learn about your Jewish Heritage
- Perform Tzedakah
- Develop New Interests and Skills
- Have Fun
- Acquire leadership skills
- Plus receive a discount at the Judaica Shop